Our outlook and attitude on life in general plays a huge part in how happy we are in life and how successful we become. Someone who focuses on the positive about things will be more relaxed, calm and smile more than someone who is always looking at what’s wrong and let stress and worry get them down.
Not only does how you think and feel affect you, it also affects those around you, in short our mood affects the outcome of our day. Developing and keeping a positive outlook is essential if you wish to lead a productive and fulfilling life.
There are many ways in which you can develop a better outlook and begin to change how you think and feel about situations that you encounter in day-to-day living. Changing your attitude and not slipping into negative thinking will take time and practice but eventually the “New You” will become second nature. Here are five main key points to remember when changing your outlook.
1. Before starting out on a task set your mind on the completion of that task. Think about a positive outcome for that task and how good you will feel when you have completed it. Never give in to doubt or let yourself believe that you have taken too much on. Turn your focus on the positive feeling of achieving your desired outcome. Stay in the moment and just keep going.
2. Don't let your conversations turn negative, when in a conversation it is easy to focus on the negative of situations and let others discourage you, particularly if they have a negative outlook on life. Don't be tempted to fall back into your old ways, turn negative talk into positive and look for the good and lessons learned in everything and any situation.
3. Look for the positive in those around you whether you are noticing silently or pointing it out. Positive thoughts of others will encourage a positive attitude all around you. It also opens your heart and allows for compassion and understanding. Allowing you to make better constructive choices in your life.
4. Whatever you are doing in your day-to-day life always look for the good in it, although it might be a boring task which you usually hate doing and one which leaves you feeling negative, try to find something about it that turns it into a game where it can be a more positive situation. Set up a personal reward for its completion and challenge your excellence in your execution of it.
5. Be patient in your process but diligent in your commitment. Never let yourself become distracted or hoodwinked into going back to negativity, it takes time to change the way you feel and think and if youhave been down on yourself and others for a long time then a new outlook will take time to create new neuro-pathways of habit and stay around.
You will find over time that many areas of your life will be changed just by changing your outlook from negative to positive. The vibration that we choose to hold through our mindset pulls towards us similar energy from others; it can also, if strong enough, transform those around you who choose to live in negativity. It takes dedication and willpower to change ingrained habits of behavior, however if you do, you will find that your self-esteem improves, you will feel happier more often and are more confident than before. You will able to tackle the tasks you once hated without stress and anxiety and your relationships with others will improve. These are just a few of the areas where right focus can help you lead a more productive and fulfilling life.